HELP!! Problem with Storyline slides in Rise

Feb 12, 2018

I have got several single slides from a storyline scene including a couple of drag and drops in my rise course. However when previewing (including when sharing the link with someone else) some of the storyline elements do not appear, there is just a big white space where they should be.... Can be a different one that disappears each time. 

Anyone got any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it? Is there a limit of how much storyline Rise can handle in one course?

Secondly- when viewing the course on an iPad there is a very unsightly black band around the slide on 3 sides, can I get rid of this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It seems that the problem with not being able to see the storyline blocks only happens when you view on a mac.... anyone else?

7 Replies
Zoe Leroy

Thanks Alyssa, I have uploaded the share link as you have requested.

We would really like to get an answer about the above ASAP as we are currently using a trial version and were hoping to purchase subscription but if our users are going to experience problems viewing the content properly then this is obviously going to be a huge issue for us! 

Thanks

Crystal Horn

Hi Mickie!  This is what you might see in a mobile view of your Storyline block in Rise:

The Storyline block will include the responsive player, and depending on your .story size and your device size, Storyline slides might not fill the entire block, leaving black space at the top and bottom (rather than scaling or distorting your content).  

We're working on a new version of the responsive player for Storyline.  When it's released, test it out and see if you like the look better!  We're shooting for the next couple of months.

Lisa Suzanne

Thank you for the response! We look forward to the new version of the
responsive player.

One more question - is there an optimal .story size that works best in
Rise? We understand that the device size is beyond our control, but would
like to make the most of the space until the new player is released.

Thank you again.

*Mickie Quinn*
Senior Designer
Ithaca Content Architecture & Design LLC
120 W State Street, Suite 205
Ithaca, NY 14850
icadmedia.com

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mickie,

We do not have recommendations on standard size, but you can adjust the width if needed:

Changing the Width of a Storyline Block:

1. In Rise, edit the lesson that contains the Storyline block.
  2. Hover over the Storyline block and click the Edit button that appears.
  3. When the sidebar opens, go to the Settings tab, then choose a Storyline Width from the drop-down list: SmallMedium, or Full Width.

Full documentation here.

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.