How do I program mandatory blocks as opposed to optional ones in Rise 360?

Oct 30, 2023

Good afternoon,

I have drafted a first online training with Rise 360. I need to have the ability to allow the learners to select between three video tutorials to "complete the course". This means that they won't always be required to cover the three videos for the training to be considered "complete". Some of the sections in the training are not mandatory, for example the learner may choose not to go over the introduction. What is required is that they complete at least one of the three video tutorials. I am not sure how to program this.

In addition, I would like to add an acknowledgment indicating that they have completed the sections that apply to their roles. If they don't accept this acknowledgment, the course cannot be considered "complete". How can I make this happen?

I have attached the Articulate scorm file for your review. I would appreciate your guidance as it relates to the points described above.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Very kind regards,

Lorena

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

To require one of three videos, I suggest you put the videos in a Storyline file, and insert that as a block that must be completed in Rise. 

• In Storyline, give them the option to watch any of the 3 videos.
  • For each video, add a "Complete course" triggers that runs when the video completes.
  • When you publish the Storyline file to Review 360, indicate that completion should be tracked via a completion trigger. 

To require someone to complete an interaction, insert a CONTINUE Divider block. Edit the CONTINUE's  Completion Type to require that the user complete the block directly above the CONTINUE button. (Note: another option is to require that they complete all of the previous blocks.)

For the acknowledgement, you could use a simple Checkbox List block, followed by a CONTINUE block that requires them to complete the previous block. That could look something like this: 

Another option would be to put the acknowledgement statement(s) in a Storyline block, as described in this post: TIP: Acknowledgment statements for compliance - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes