how do i share a storyline project straight to rise?

Nov 14, 2017

Hi Folks

I want to embed a Storyline project straight into Rise- but it comes in the Review format, where people can comment.

How do I just copy the Storyline project as the final published version?

Thanks

Cheryl

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cheryl,

Although the Storyline content is hosted on Review when you pull it into Rise, the individuals won't have the commenting feature as you see when looking at Review. If you want to be extra sure, you can also disable comments by clicking the ellipsis (...) button in the upper right corner in Review and choose Disable comments.

Heather Thomas

Hi! Can you tell me more about how this feature works? Instead of saving my Storyline as a huge MP4 video to embed into my Rise course, I can now embed the interactive Storyline 360 course using this method: https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Use-Storyline-Blocks-to-Embed-Storyline-360-Courses. This method loaded instantly and looks like it's keeping my file size small. Seems great! Is the Storyline course hosted in Review 360? If I ever deleted the listing in Review 360, would the Storyline stop loading in the Rise module? Are there any problematic areas of this method that I should be aware of? I noticed that the link I placed above says the Storyline video will play automatically, but that's not happening for me - I see a play button. Has this area been updated since the article? Thanks!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Heather. Great questions!

• The Storyline block content is sourced from the latest version hosted in Review 360. When you include it in your Rise 360 course, it becomes a permanent part of the course. If you delete the Storyline 360 content from Review 360, it will still be present in your Rise 360 course.
  • You'll usually see a play button on Storyline blocks when there's media that automatically plays on the first slide of your Storyline course. If the browser allows the media to automatically play, however, using these methods can help prevent multiple Storyline blocks in the same lesson from playing at the same time.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Heather! Thanks for including the Peek 360 video – that's so helpful!

First, is your Storyline 360 software updated to the latest version? If you click Help > About Storyline, you should see Update 30 there.

I created a sample file using the latest update, and I didn't see any scrolling issues in Internet Explorer. Here's a screen recording of my testing. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.