How do make it possible for the user to start the course again from the top, when I keep the navigation bar excluded, in Rise?

Oct 07, 2018

There is a quiz in the middle of the course and right now I am using a button to allow the user to go back to the start but the course will skip the quiz and go back to the evaluation. 

7 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey Sergio.  Tell me a little more about what you mean "the course will skip the quiz and go back to the evaluation."

• Is the button to return to the beginning of the course in all of your lessons except the quiz?
  • Are you getting stuck at the quiz?
  • Or when you restart the course, is it actually skipping over the quiz content?  

If you can detail the type and order of your lessons, we can try to replicate this behavior!

Sergio Galanti

Hi Crystal,

In the attached, you will find a screenshot of the lessons.

At the moment, the courses we develop in Rise are mainly for demo to
clients and clearly they want to go through the course more than once.

Please note that we do not want the Sideline to be visible.

Referring to the screenshot, once a user gets to the Epilogue, she has
no navigation to go through the course again.

Even if I add a button in the Epilogue ("Back to the Start"), and link
it to the "How to Play" lesson, from here the user can only go to the
Quit Results. She cannot perform the Quiz again (even though the
settings give her the option to take the quiz more than once).

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

SG

---

Sergio Galanti

Hi Crystal,

In the attached, you will find a screenshot of the lessons.

At the moment, the courses we develop in Rise are mainly for demo to clients and clearly they want to go through the course more than once.

Please note that we do not want the Sideline to be visible.

Referring to the screenshot, once a user gets to the Epilogue, she has no navigation to go through the course again. 

Even if I add a button in the Epilogue ("Back to the Start"), and link it to the "How to Play" lesson, from here the user can only go to the Quit Results. She cannot perform the Quiz again (even though the settings give her the option to take the quiz more than once). 

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

SG

Sergio Galanti

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for the feedback.

What you propose does the job albeit not in an intuitive way (it also adds a couple of "clicks"), in my view. I will need to tip clients off on following that line of logic, in order to go through the course again. 

For the moment I can work with that but would have preferred that users can go through the course a second time, as if it had never been taken, i.e. from "How to Play" to the first quiz question and so forth.

Appreciate the help thank you.

S.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sergio!

If the course is hosted in an LMS, the course will always resume where the learner left off. This is because Rise uses the LMS suspend data to resume the learner's previous attempt. 

Some LMSs have a feature that will allow you to force a new attempt on the learner after completion, thereby declining to provide the suspend data needed to resume.

We'll evaluate additional resume features in the future, and we'd invite you to share your input here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.