How do you turn off YouTube suggestion videos in Rise?

Jun 10, 2019

When a learner finishes viewing a video in a Rise course, it shows suggested videos. Is there a way to turn this feature off so they can't click on additional videos or see them at all?

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Faye. You can add parameters to the YouTube URL to control some parts of the YouTube video player. However, YouTube recently changed the way it handles displaying related videos at the end, meaning you won't be able to disable them entirely:

After the change, you will not be able to disable related videos. Instead, if the rel parameter is set to 0, related videos will come from the same channel as the video that was just played.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Leslie Thurogood

Hi - unless you use an alternative video player, and add some java to interact with the YouTube video, I doubt you can prevent suggested videos being displayed

i placed a transparent shape over the iframe so that the user cannot interact with the YouTube videos -displayed at the end of the inserted video clip

The shape is delayed from appearing to allow the user to start the video - I haven’t tried autoplay yet as some browsers seem to cause problems

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.