How to add a image backgroud in Storyline block in rise 360

Jun 18, 2019

Currently when i import a storyline block into Rise 360, Its shows a blank/black screen with button. This behave differently when i have a audio and without a audio in first slide of the storyline block. Can we have add a image background/overlay to this, so that the user can get an idea about the topic of the content, like a heading slide.

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, SibaPrasad.

There isn't a way to change that overlay. Just like you mention, the play button in your Storyline blocks appears when the Storyline interaction includes media. This is to allow the browser to automatically play the media as intended in the Storyline block.

Do you have multiple Storyline blocks with and without media in the same Rise 360 lesson?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Pauline! 

You can create this yourself by adding a new slide to the beginning of the Storyline content. Take a screenshot of the first frame of the video, and add it to the first slide with a play button on top. 

When learners click the play button, they'll jump to the next slide, and the video will play automatically. I hope that sparks some ideas for you!

Sonic DX
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Pauline! 

You can create this yourself by adding a new slide to the beginning of the Storyline content. Take a screenshot of the first frame of the video, and add it to the first slide with a play button on top. 

When learners click the play button, they'll jump to the next slide, and the video will play automatically. I hope that sparks some ideas for you!

does the picture from the new slide appear on the webpage before clicking the play button?

on my device, storyline shown as a black box. we have to click the play button, then we can see the image on the 1st slide. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.