How to change the image of Labeled Graphic

Apr 04, 2019

Hi,

I have recently started learning Rise. I'm creating an interactivity using Labeled Graphic. I want to change the default image but the Edit button is not working. Can someone please help me and tell me the steps to change the image of Labeled Graphic?

39 Replies
Tara Laidlaw

I'm having the same issue. When I hover over the labeled graphic block and click on "edit", the only thing that shows up is the "Markers" options, with nothing about uploading, using the content library, or adding alt text. I've attached a screen shot -- maybe you can point out something that I'm missing since I'm new to Rise. Thanks so much!

Ned Whiteley

Hi Sandie,

Are you first selecting the Edit button to the left of the labelled graphic? This needs to be done first, to enter Edit mode, before the second Edit button appears underneath the default image. If you are following the correct sequence and the second Edit button is not appearing at all, then I think there may be an issue with your Rise as that is the way it should be working.

Mammoet Academy

Hi, I'm having problems with uploading a new picture for the Labeled Graphic option. I receive an error message: please verify the file type is an image and try again. I used both .png and .jpeg. It normally works. I can upload it in other sections, but not here. What can I do?

Ned Whiteley

Hi,

I'm not sure what your problem is as I just tried downloading your attached image into Rise as a labelled graphic and it worked perfectly.

What I would suggest is to try downloading the image from your post, save it in a different folder and give it another try in Rise. I have come across a previous instance where a similar problem occurred and using a different copy of the file ended up solving the problem.

Arts Educational Design

I cannot get this to work either. I'm getting the same error as Mammoet. Asking me to verify it's an image file. It's a png. I've uploaded images elsewhere, but this block will not proceed with .png or .jpg. I've tried on both Safari and Chrome, both up to date browsers. It makes no sense. Is the labelled graphic a specific file type? 

Arts Educational Design

The error is generated by spaces in the image file name. Articulate when uploading here automatically replaces spaces with underscores. So my img was actually titled 'Moodle Dashboard.png' and Articulate changed it when I uploaded it here to 'Moodle_Dashboard.png'. This is why when people downloaded it from this forum and uploaded it in their own courses it worked, but why Mammoet and I had problems. Remove spaces or replace them with an underscore in the file name.