I'm on a trial - am I able to upload a SCORM as a beginning place to continue building from?

Dec 18, 2023

That's basically it. I see I can start from scratch or some of the templates, but just want to know if we can try this using some existing content we have?

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Here's a good analogy I've seen on the Forum: Suppose you have pages printed from MS Word. You can't create a new version of those pages by editing the paper. You need to edit the source Word document, and then print it again. 

A SCORM package is the "printed" (published) version of a course created in Rise or Storyline. To edit the content, you need the source file(s). In Rise, the source is the Rise file online. In Storyline, it's a .story file. 

If all you have is a SCORM package, you will need to start from scratch if you want to create a new version with that content.

Course usually do include additional source files, such as photographs, illustrations, videos, etc. You could pull some of those from a SCORM package for reuse in another course.