Images in the Tab block

Oct 01, 2018

I love the tab block but some of the images that I need to add there are not full screen images.  As a result the image gets shown on the left of the tab and then you get this lovely white block.   

I'd like to request that you add the ability to center the image in the tab.  

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Jenn!

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Your screenshot puts some context around how you're using Rise and what we can do to make it work even better for your course design.  We're tracking requests like these, and I've added your comments to our documentation.

We'll update this discussion with any changes to image formatting in Rise!

Matt Illman

Afternoon Megan,

Unfortunately there have been multiple threads on this topic for the past 2 years and we have yet to see any movement on this feature.

However, the community has come up with some workarounds:

1) You can draft a blank PP slide (at least 28cm wide seems to work best) and centralise the image on that, save it as an image (as a PNG for example) and then upload that. It works fine for desktop but doesn't work well on mobile devices as it makes the image considerably smaller (especially when clicking to enlarge full screen as it needs to display the white "padding" around your image).

2) If your image is large enough and of good quality you can stretch it. Again using a PP slide at least 28cms wide.

3) Use a montage of images to increase the width if relevant.  

None of the above are ideal but i've used 2 and 3 quite a lot to accommodate the block's lack of customisation.

As a final option you could also consider using a process block as, unlike tabs or accordion, it automatically centralises any images.

Hope some of those help

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Beth!

I saw your other discussion, so it sounds like you want to add several images with text between the images in a Tabs interaction. However, the Tabs interaction only allows 1 image per tab.

This would be a perfect opportunity to use a custom tabs interaction built with Storyline, then embedded in Rise 360 using a Storyline Block

This tabs template should get you started!