Incorporating Storyline or Studio lessons into Rise

Jan 03, 2017

I am new to Articulate 360 and I am unsure how you incorporate lessons from Storyline or Studio into a Rise course.  Thanks!

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nicki and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! 

I hope you're enjoying Articulate 360 so far, and it sounds like you're diving into all the tools which is the best way to get started. 

Storyline, Studio and Rise are all individual authoring tools within the Articulate 360 suite of tools to create e-learning content, and although you can use them in conjunction (such as building a interaction within Engage that you import into Storyline for example) Rise is designed so that you could build everything with a rapid authoring tool and have fully responsive designed course.  With that in mind, there isn't a direct import of Storyline/Studio into Rise, as those items aren't laid out with the same responsive flow (they have their own responsive player though!).

You could look at publishing the individual Storyline/Studio courses and then including a link to them within your Rise course - perhaps the Rise course is the "light" or starter course for folks, and then you link them to a larger, deeper dive into the content within the Storyline/Studio course? 

Hope that helps clarify a bit, and let us know if you need any other ideas or assistance as you get started! You may want to take a look at, and bookmark, the tutorials page here for anything Articulate 360. 

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Jess. I'd love to lend a hand!

While there isn't a feature to embed Studio projects into Rise available at this time, you can easily import Engage, Presenter, and Quizmaker projects into Storyline. Then, embed that Storyline file into Rise ☺️Let me know if that could work!

I’d also love to let our team know about this idea, and I’m curious to know more:

• Would you mind telling me a little more about why that particular function would come in handy for you?
  • What type of scenario would you use it in?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Jess Foster

Oh - I meant to answer your questions as well! We have some SMEs recording sessions for us in PowerPoint (we're not able to give out an Articulate license to all of our SMEs) and then saving their content in Studio to put together a course. I realized I wasn't able to combine all the content coming from different people in Rise. It would be amazing if I was able to plug in content created in any Articulate app into Rise the same way you can add in content from SL. I hope that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.