Interactive image without markers

Apr 19, 2024

Hello,

I have some interactive images spread throughout my course that i am using as design elements without markers. 

In preview mode the interactive images are now disappearing within a few seconds, but only if they don't have markers. Interactive images with markers are staying visible. 

Any ideas why this would be happening? It was fine before today.

Many thanks,

Nerida

3 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Nerida!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

Testing the behavior on my end, I was able to replicate the same issue in the current versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. However, the issue was not observed when using Mozilla Firefox. I have logged this as a browser-related bug within Rise 360. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will provide updates as soon as a fix is in place.

In the meantime, as a workaround, I would suggest:

• Use a standard Image Block to display images if Markers are unnecessary for your design.
  • Author and view your Rise 360 lesson exclusively within the Firefox browser.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I'm sorry if this has been slowing you down!

Nerida Brain

Great, thank you so much for looking into this for me. I look forward to hearing when this is rectified. 

I have tried image blocks as a work around and they haven't worked as great as a design element due to the size of them in full width, interactive images work much better as headers etc. 

Many thanks,

Nerida

Eric Santos

Hello Nerida,

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where the Labeled Graphic image without markers disappears when viewing courses. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!