Introduction of a block in Rise with the screen reader

May 10, 2023

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to "delete" in Rise the introduction (using the screen reader) that sounds before each Storyline block.

I have notice the screen reader say "storyline block" and also in mentions that is is a "clickable object", not sure if it happens with all the readers. I would like to know if  there is a way the reader just start reading the title and content of the block without mentioning those things before. Thanks

3 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Sofia! Thanks for letting us know that you would like to remove the "Storyline block" narration when you use a screen reader to view your course.

So sorry there isn't a way to remove this. The screen reader will narrate "Storyline block" and "Clickable Object" by default. If we make any changes to this, we'll update this thread.

Steven Benassi

Hi Carol!

Thanks for checking in on this!

We're still tracking an open feature request that will allow authors to eliminate the Alt Text that gets announced by screen readers when working with Storyline Blocks in Rise. I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will provide updates as soon as we have news to share!

If you'd like to stay up to date, you can bookmark our Feature Roadmap.