Is it possible to add audio to a Rise course?

May 16, 2023

I need my Rise course to be narrated. How can I add audio to it?

If audio isn't possible, can I create a transcript for each block?

Thanks!

Darlene 

4 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Darlene! Looks like you need the option to add narration to your Rise course. This feature isn't available right now. If we make any changes, we'll update this thread.

What I can suggest is to add an Audio block and then follow it with a text block with the transcript. Or you can put the transcript in the caption of the audio block. 

Hope this helps!

Aaron Rose

I too require this ability. I need the audio to have a transcript, but require the learner to 'Complete the content' before moving on. Putting the transcript in the caption or a text block below is visually cumbersome, and I would prefer learners listen to the audio as it will be more impactful. The suggestion has been made that the transcript go below in an accordion block. This cleans up the visual, but the learner would still have to open the accordion before they could 'complete the content' which is not an intuitive operation to expect a learner to do (why would they open a transcript when they already listed to the audio???). Providing a transcript with audio is a legal AODA accessibility requirement, and for some reason Rise has not bothered to address this with the design of the Audio Block.

It seems the Audio block simply requires an additional component that can be turned on or off - Transcript. It would have a text field and would appear collapsed with an accordion + to open it. To accommodate the 'Complete the content' requirement the coding for the block needs to have a variable that lets the system know 'when audio has completed allow Complete' or 'when transcript viewed allow complete.' This can't be all that difficult to solve.