Issue with multimedia file on Rise on Android devices

Aug 06, 2020

Hello there!

I just encountered with this issue/bug (?) in a few Rise courses I have been developing. I have a multimedia content at the very end of my courses (Excel file) with exercises for the student but for some reason it cannot be displayed on Android phones running Chrome browser. It looks like there is nothing there but when I tap on it, it downloads the file so it works like it should be but the icon for download is not displayed (like it was hidden). Apparently, the final block of the course is not being rendered on Android browsers.
This behavior does not happen when I run the course on Desktop (Chrome) or Apple devices (Pad and iPhone) where the file icon and name are shown, so the student knows there is something there. However, the issue can be avoided by stacking a Spacer block under the final block of the course(the multimedia file), so even if it is not displayed, the student is not going to notice it cause the only thing that is not being rendered is a white empty Spacer block.

I'm not sure if this behavior persists in a web repository or in a SCORM environment but I hope this post is helpful for a future fix.

Best wishes.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there! Thanks so much for letting us know what's going on. I tested a sample course in Chrome on an Android device, and I didn't have any issues seeing the final attachment block in a lesson.

Would you mind testing this sample course from your device? Let me know if you have issues with the attachment block in lesson 1. I'll be standing by!

VRAC ARTICULATE 01

Hi Alyssa,

I tested the course on an Android device and as you said, there is no problem with lesson 1 but in lesson 2 the image of the bicycle is missing. I think it only happens on the last lesson of the courses, no matter the type of block. I'm attaching a phone browser's screenshot.

Thanks!