Knowledge Checks in Microlearning Module not acknowledging an answer selection

Jun 01, 2023

When creating a microlearning module, we added in knowledge checks. However, when the end user goes to click their answer to the knowledge check, the circle next to the answer doesn't fill in or a grey background appearing on the selected answer line to let the end-user know an answer was selected. 

We are experiencing end-user frustrations because they are thinking the system isn't working and their answer is truly not selected. However, if you give up and click Submit to see what happens, an answer did actually record because it will tell you if you got a right or wrong answer even though it looks like nothing was selected at all.

I've check our settings and there's no option for adjusting any settings for answer selection appearance, so we're struggling finding a way to move forward. We don't see this happening in RISE so we're wondering if this is a bug related to the new microlearning feature?

5 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Rachel,

Great question! I understand the circles next to your knowledge check answers aren't filling in after clicking on them. I'd be happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening!

I built a test course and I wasn't able to reproduce the results you are experiencing. The expected result is for a smaller circle to fill the circle next to the answer as pictured below.

Would you be willing to share your Microlearning so we can troubleshoot? Here are the steps to do that.

1. After logging in, go to your Rise 360 dashboard.
  2. Hover over the course you'd like to share.
  3. Click the 3 dots button on the course.
  4. Click Send a copy.
  5. Enter support@articulate.com in the email field.
  6. Type "This course is for John Morgan" in the notes field.
  7. Click Send.

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

Lindsay Tylutki

I'm experiencing the same thing with Microlearnings.  We created a Course first and decided to break that up into Microlearnings, but when we test in our LMS, the options don't select when you click on them.  They will function if you click an option and then click Submit, but there's a lot of confusion when the option isn't showing as selected after clicking.  Please let me know if anything was figured out to troubleshoot.  Thank you!!

Angelo Cruz

Hello Lindsay! I'm sorry to hear that you are having some difficulties with your Microlearning course.

I created a sample Rise 360 course and made a Microlearning out of it with Knowledge Check blocks. I published the Microlearning course and tested it in SCORM Cloud. However, I was unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing.

To further isolate the issue, you can also Test your course at SCORM Cloud and compare the behavior with your LMS. If you continue to encounter the same issue in SCORM Cloud, I would suggest opening a support case here so that our engineers can take a closer look and troubleshoot.

Lindsay Tylutki

Hello!  For anyone having this issue, we figured out what was going wrong (for us).  The color scheme chosen was making it so that the checkmark was the same color as the the background of the checkbox.  So once we updated the color scheme, the selection was then visible.  Hope that helps others!