Library Content Search Filtering

Feb 15, 2019

Is there any talk or mention of adding a search filtering option to the content library?  It is rather difficult to search for a particular type of image and would be great to be able to filter your search. Or maybe they can update key words? If I search for, example, "group of buildings" I get mostly groups of people. Is there a better way to type what I am looking for in the search bar or do I just need to search through hundreds of image until buildings appear? 

Also, in relation, is there a way to search for an image that you have already used in a project? I don't always remember what term I used to search for an image, but if I like an image, how do I find it again? I tried using the image name (imagenametext.png) but it doesn't every bring anything up. 

Thanks!

(These questions apply to both Storyline and Rise.)

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Kristin,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time finding the images you're looking for in Content Library. Here's an article with some search tips you may find useful.

To answer your second question, unfortunately there's currently no way to automatically find images you've already used in Content Library. That being said, if you've already inserted it into your project, you can easily reinsert it elsewhere with the new Media Library feature. Here's a tutorial that explains how that works.

I hope that's helpful! If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.