LMS not recognising course complete

Aug 29, 2018

Hi everyone, 

I have a weird problem on my xAPI course (created on Rise) whereby my LMS won't recognise the course as complete. 

I've tested it on SCORM cloud and it works well however my LMS (Litmos) believe the issue is with Articulate. When our LMS support officer tested the course he received this error message: (see attached file).

Any ideas what this could be about?

Thanks!

6 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Matilda and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out to share what you and your LMS team are experiencing so that we can help you out.

I'm curious about how you are tracking the course? What message is coming back from your LMS?

If you're using a quiz result, you'll be able to choose the reporting language shown here:

We also have a similar conversation here if you'd like to take a look at some other suggestions from the community.

Matilda Parsons

Hi Leslie, 

Thank you for your response :) 

Our LMS refers to the course as "in progress" and "0% complete" when it should read as "100% complete" with a "my score" for the quiz result.

I am tracking the course via the quiz result however there is no option to choose the reporting language on Rise as I am exporting the course in xAPI (Tin Can). 

Louise Lindop

Hi Matilda

I use the LearnUpon LMS and have discovered an issue that occurs with Rise xAPI (Tin Can) content whereby the suspend data isn't sent back to the LMS. I've reported this issue to Articulate and they have identified a bug which is on their list to fix (not sure when - case #01450478). When researching this problem, I loaded the content onto Litmos and experienced similar problems. These problems did not occur on SCORM Cloud and another couple of LMSs that I tested it on.

I'm not sure if this is related to your current problem however you may want to test what happens when a users exits part way through an xAPI (Tin Can) Rise course, then revisits.

This would lead to the conclusion that for Rise content, on LearnUpon and maybe Litmos, SCORM 1.2 is a better option. However, on LearnUpon, I also experience severe performance issues with Rise SCORM 1.2 content, but only in the IE browser (not sure about Litmos). For now, until the bug is fixed, I am publishing to SCORM 1.2 and advising users against using the IE browser.

I hope this info is helpful.

Louise

Matilda Parsons

Hi Louise, 

Thank you very much for your response! 

We also had an issue whereby if a user exits part way through an xAPI Rise Course they are not able to resume where they left off, instead the course starts from the beginning.  

Thank you also for your advice, it's been very helpful. I've taken your advice and for the time being I'm now publishing to SCORM 1.2 which is working a lot better. I'm not sure if you are experiencing a similar issue with LearnUpon but according to our Articulate Support Engineer the issue is that there is no 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header present on the requested server. So there is a communication error with our Rise course and Litmos API which means the issue seems to be related to the Litmos server. 

Thank you again, 

Matilda

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.