LMS systems

Jan 25, 2023

Hi, does anyone use an LMS that supports multiple companies?  We provide eLearning using Rise and Storyline and have been hosting clients' courses on TalentLMS, but they have a limit of 15 branches (clients).  Research so far is failing to find a good match for us...

4 Replies
John Cooper

LearnWorlds allows for multiple 'tenants' - you can create separate 'schools for different groups. But you do need the "Training Centre" level of subscription account with them:

https://learnworlds.grsm.io/b6y0pzwp3l6z

"A multi-tenancy environment refers to various and separate organizational needs, and could include:

1. Different learning groups with different training needs.

2. Different training departments across a large organization, i.e. separate learning environments for Sales or Support teams, because their training needs are different. 

3. External partners (B2B), with tailored needs for their group of users.

If you would like to separate your tenants and keep each audience dedicated to one environment, you need to have multiple LearnWorlds schools. 

It is feasible to clone your content between schools (such as Pages, Courses, Site settings, etc)."

If that is too expensive, Moodle would be worth looking at. Hosting your own Moodle site is not as difficult as you might imagine and Moodle can be configured so different 'cohorts' see different groups of courses.

I'm not sure how this works on a 'hosted' Moodle platform but it should be possible.

Both the above support SCORM format modules - which may also be a consideration if you are using RISE and Storyline.

John Cooper

Hi Robert

That's useful - I hadn't come across Bytecasting - we will add them to our list of LMS solutions for review - always good to expand that list.

Back to the original question though - does Bytecasting allow several different (and separate) groups of learners - as in the case here where the requirement is to offer courses to multiple client companies? As pointed out, TalentLMS has a limit of 15 'branches'...