Locking a course that has been shared via share link so it is not edited by the owner by accident.

Nov 05, 2020

Hello,

Is it possible to lock a course somehow so that it is not editable by the owner? Maybe with a password on the course within the dashboard or something? I share courses regularly via just the share link and sometimes share my account with others and I am worried they may edit shared courses by accident. 

Please let me know if there is a way to prevent this. 

Thanks,

Bronwyn

3 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Bronwyn,

The Share link isn't an editable version of your course. Anyone who has the Share link can view the course, but they can't make changes to it. You can always restrict access to the Share link by adding a password to it. 

We never suggest sharing your Rise 360 login credentials with another person. Instead, add that person as a collaborator on your course so they can edit the course with you from their own account. You can always remove their collaborator status if you want to prevent that author from making further edits. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.