14 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, folks. We made some changes to the way Rise 360 creates your published output. It sounds like these changes impacted workarounds you’ve used to support right-to-left languages and other style changes.

What we did:
Previously, we included our frontend application assets into the main.bundle.js and main.bundle.css files. Now, we have individual assets, such as javascript, css, and images, included in the index.html file.

Why we did it:
We don’t want to interfere with your ability to publish while we update Rise 360. We made these changes to improve the stability of the publishing process while we release individual changes to Rise 360 course elements.

You can still add additional scripts and styles with these changes using <style> and <script> tags to the index.html file as long as everything else in that file stays intact.

As always, modifying published output isn’t supported by the Articulate team, but we know these power use cases are important to you! I’ll create cases for the folks who’ve already made comments here so we can understand a bit more about what you’re doing.

Louise Stapleton

After I publish for Web distribution there is a folder inside the lib folder called sample. What is the purpose of the sample folder? Is there anything in there at all related to my course content? Do I need to upload that folder to the web in addition to the rise folder that is also now inside the lib folder (of contents)

Dominik Ginthier

Hi Crystal, 

We are running into the same issue as Anna mentioned above. All Rise courses we create, we also translate into Arabic and Hebrew. Currently I have two projects in translation. 

I used a workaround to make a Rise projects right-to-left compatible by modifying the mainbundle.css file (not a perfect solution, but good enough until Rise natively supports it). It was a fast and easy workaround. 

Although Articulate is not supporting this approach, but maybe your developpers have some ideas? Otherwise I would have to rebuild the project in Storyline, which costs additional time and money. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Dominik

Louise Stapleton

Hi Crystal,

I don't make any changes or use any work arounds. I publish the web version and upload to my site as is. I exported my courses again yesterday and the "sample" folder is no longer a part of the lib folder. The only current issue I have with the most recent change(s) happens when someone uses the search function. If the word happens to be in the title of a lesson, then in the search result there are tags around the word in the title. If the word appears in the body of the lesson, it is highlighted in yellow. The issue is only with the title of the lesson. I've attached an example. I have opened a ticket regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Louise