IMPORTANT: Microsoft Froms in Articulate Rise

Feb 16, 2021

Is there a possibility to integrate a survey from Microsoft Forms directly into Rise? Need to know fast please

11 Replies
Micah Weedman

I'm going to guess that you probably can't do that without building an additional step of some sort. I imagine Rise isn't monitoring the timeline or state of the embedded form, so it can't really know if it's been filled out or not. You'll either have to come up with a "fake" way to tell it, or something a bit more heavy.

I suspect you'll have the same issue if you embed the form as a web object in a storyline file, though maybe not.  If there was a way that SL knew the form had been submitted, then it's an easy fix.

Of course you could always ditch the form, build the custom text entries in SL, write some code to send the data to a spreadsheet somewhere, freeze the timeline until all the text entries had been submitted, and load the SL block in Rise--then you could force it because Rise can track the timeline of a SL block.  But that's a lot a someone else might know a simpler way.

Christopher Santos

Hi Robert,

One method I've seen from other clients is adding a Checklist block followed by a Continue block set to continue only after completing the block above it.

We also have a feature request for a survey or form-type of block to be added in Rise.  I'll add this post to our request and update this thread as soon as I hear more from our team about this feature. 

Having this type of block should allow the users to move on using the Continue block only after submitting the form.