Mobile SCORM for microlearning?

Feb 13, 2024

I'm trying to publish an update to a microlearning course. It seems that the original course was published in something called "mobile SCORM," about a year ago. When I try to publish the updated version (same course, duplicated), I'm told by our operations team that we can't publish it as an update because of the different SCORM format. Is mobile SCORM a discontinued format? How do I publish the updated course so it is an updated version of the previous course?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Linda, 

Happy to help!

Rise 360 never had the option to publish courses in "Mobile SCORM" format. The options available for publishing to LMS have always been the same, with the addition of the cmi5 format being the most recent major change.

If you duplicated a course and published the duplicate, this might be why you can't upload the update to your LMS. Duplicating a course generates a new course ID for the duplicate, and if your LMS uses this to validate the uploads, then there's a chance that it might throw an error or not accept the file. Try publishing the original to see if this works as a troubleshooting step. If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here for additional assistance with your course.