Modular building

Apr 08, 2020

Hi all I am very new to articulate and have a building question. I am building several courses using Rise 36o which is awesome 

I want to build several courses made up of modules

Course A might have modules 1, 2 & 3 

Course B might have module 1, 3 & 5

If I update module 1 I would like to then delete module 1 in course A & B and then simply upload the edited module 1. Is this possible to do? 

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey, Darren! Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you want to update Module 1 in course A, then easily transfer the updated module to course B. The copy to another course feature makes that easy!

1. Make updates to Module 1 in course A
  2. Go to the course A main menu, and click the three dots next to Module 1. Select copy to another course  (shown below).

3. In the pop-up window that appears, choose course B.
  4. Go to course B, and you will see two versions of Module 1. Be careful that you delete the original one and not the updated one! 

📌One final tip: When you make updates to Module 1 in course A, add the word "updated" to the lesson title. This will make it easier for you to find the updated lesson in the other courses. 

Vectorworks Training

This is similar to a method my team would like to do. What would be great is if it was possible to reference a complete Rise course as a lesson in another Rise course. You would be able to design individual Rise courses for each module, then in a new Rise course, when creating a new lesson and choose the Rise course to reference.

The benefit of this, is that if the module is updated, all courses that reference it will also update. If this isn't already a feature request, it should be!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.