Multimedia audio continues playing after moving to next quiz question

Feb 04, 2018

Hi,

I've used video in quiz element and for the most part it works really well. The user plays a clip and identify from the audio a bird.  Good candidates do this very fast and move to the next question. While they could stop the video plating they usually  just go to the next question. The expected UX is that any  audio playing will stop after this transition. The happens is the full clip will continue to play unless  the clip on the new slide is played.

I'm trying to refine the user experience. Is there a way to code the audio to stop or is it a bug that Articulate must address?

I also find that adding multimedia to the quizzes can make the product 'get stuck'  for that quiz element  even though the user can move to other lessons. This mostly seemed to happen to users on mobile. I wondered if anyone else had this experience and if they found limiting the size or duration of the media embedded in a question made any improvement. My clips are around 20 seconds or less.

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Shannan!

I haven't seen this issue mentioned before, so I'm really glad you brought it up to us. I tested this in a quick sample Rise course I put together, and sure enough, the audio on a quiz question continued playing even after moving on to a new question. I'm going to bring this to my team so we can begin looking into a fix.

You also mentioned that your learners are getting stuck on quiz questions that have a video element, is that correct? I haven't had any luck recreating this problem in my testing, so would you be willing to send me the "Share" link to your course? I'd like our team to give it a test. Thank you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.