Navigation - switching from Free to Restricted in a Course

Aug 20, 2018

I write compliance courses. We'd like to use Rise. We would like the course navigation to begin as Free but if the learner fails the assessment (which with free navigation they can take at any time) then we require that they visit all the course content - Restricted navigation.  So we'd like it to start free and then if they fail the test - switch the navigation to restricted and send the learner to the beginning of the course.  Is this possible in any way using Rise? (Sadly, this could be a Rise deal breaker for us.)  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Maria!

Thanks for letting us know you have a need for restricted navigation if the learner fails the quiz. While there isn't a feature like this in Rise, you could certainly set this up in Storyline!

Have you explored using Storyline for this kind of navigation? Here's how I would set it up:

I know Rise is your first choice for this course, so I'll share your idea with our team. Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.