Need to add course to Moodle LMS; Publish to web version

Mar 28, 2020

Hi! I have some courses developed that I want to add to my Moodle LMS. I packaged it as scorm. It works but it’s not the experience I want. I really want the publish to web version to open in a new tab from my Moodle course. What do I need to do to make that happen? 
Just a little more background- learners need to login (Moodle > Course) to get to the learning content so having it open on a public website is not an option for me. Thanks!

7 Replies
Phil Mayor

Moodle is really designed for opening acorns or its own content.

The closets you will get is opening in a new window (which will be a tab or window depending on the browser).

You can switch off all of the Moodle UI chrome in the scorm settings. But a user will have to be logged in to view.

You maybe able to create a moodle html page to display the content like this but will have to find a way to u zip the content on the moodle server. It is much easier with a scorm.

The link you share is only meant to be shared with a few people the servers for this are not designed for lots of views.

It maybe that moodle is not the best delivery tool.

Sent from my iPhone

Phil Mayor

You can show it close to that using moodle, you can switch off everything in the moodle scorm player. The open in new window should open in a tab on most devices.

If you want it to open just as a link then you will need to use the moodle html page and embed you content, I have no idea how to unzip the content when you get it on the moodle server.

Sent from my iPhone

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.