Not Seeing New Features

Aug 29, 2017

With this morning's announcements of updates, like many I was excited to see new features added to several of the products I use on a daily basis.

The only problem is that...at least as far as Rise goes...I'm not seeing the updates. I don't have the ability to create folders, nor do I have the new block allowing me to embed a Storyline course.

I've logged out of my account and back in, even tried another browser (Firefox and Chrome) but still not seeing them. 

Do the updates roll out incrementally across the user base?

18 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Marina and Matt, 

Those two features are coming soon! Take a look at the “What’s New” page for a quick recap of features mentioned in Arlyn's video: 

Two of the newest Rise features focus on collaboration, check them out here:

You can access all the Articulate 360 and Rise tutorials from this page.

Today's update to Articulate 360 included a few other important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Katja Lehmann

It is good to read because I was wondering as well why I am not able to organize my courses in folders. Looking forward to the new features.

Anyway...another question from my side: I wanted to share one of my course with a colleague in Review. I swear I was waiting for half an hour to the publication into Review and nothing happened. I was confused because the publication into Review from SL360 is easy and quick. May I did something wrong or is this feature still not working proper at the moment? Any advices?  

Bridgewater Developer

Thanks for the info Ashley, I'm rather pleased with the implementation of the text formatting options, it adds a wealth of design possibility. One critique is a possible reviewing of the bullet point text wrapping for points that are longer than a single line.

The folders coming soon is also good news, it would be great if you add release dates if possible on the "What's New" page so that we could have a better idea of when new features will be rolled out.

Katja Lehmann

Hi Ashley,

thanks for your reply. I just tried again....and I still have struggle with one of my course for publication into rise. The course is large but, it doesn´t contain any video or audio files. I tried another much smaller course and this was ready-for-publication very fast (less than 1 minute). So maybe it depends how extensive a course is?

Hi Dorrien,

Glad to hear the new text features are helpful! Do you have an example of what you'd like to see modified for bullet wrapping? That's helpful to share with our Product team and make sure that we're on the same page. 

With Rise being a web based tool, once the feature is ready we'll push it out to the site - and you'll have it instantly. You may even see it before we are able to update the What's New page - but we'll post here in ELH too as soon as we can! 

Hi Katja,

I'd love to help. Are you trying to publish it from Rise into Review? What browser are you working in? Does the course freeze up during that publish process or when you access in Review the page is blank?

I'd love to get a copy of your course into the hands of our team so that we could test publishing it to Review as well. Can you reach out to them using the form here and they'll share next steps? 

Susan Champion

Hi. I totally agree with Dorrien. The inability to have sub-bullets in lists has often made me choose another development tool. (And I feel that lists/sub-lists are so common/helpful in presenting information.) Manually inserting them makes the text wrap weird, plus you never know what it will look like on the viewer's computer.

Susan Champion, M.Ed. | Instructional Designer/Curriculum Lead (WFS extensions) | Kronos Services | SmartValueFAST
Tel: +1 813 389 5016

Kronos | Workforce Innovation that Works
Join Kronos on: kronos.com | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.