Optimal Storyline Block Size in Rise

Nov 17, 2021

Looking to add a storyline block to rise. What is the optimal size of my storyline project so it will appear to match other RISE elements?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi John!

Rise 360 will scale the slide to fit within the block -- I would say any slide size with a 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen) looks best.

To give the Storyline Block more real estate in your lesson, use the full-width setting. Here's how:

1. Hover over the Storyline block and click the Edit button that appears.
  2. When the sidebar opens, go to the Settings tab, then choose Full Width from the drop-down list.
Kristen Erwin

Unfortunately, it isn’t so easy. I’ve designed storyline content that’s 16:9. I’ve pulled it into Rise. If it is set on “medium” the storyline content appears smaller than the rest of the rise content. If the setting is on full width, as you suggested above, the storyline content is larger than the rise content. Do you have a fix for this? Or perhaps do you have actual dimensions for the storyline content (as the OP requested)?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Kate! The width for the medium Storyline block is 1170 pixels. The height can vary depending on the height of your slide. 

In this example, the Storyline block is set to medium width, and it is displayed as 1170 pixels wide by 640 pixels high

In general, if you design a slide using a 16:9 aspect ratio, it will look great in Rise as a Storyline block! 

Erik M

Hello Alyssa,

Thanks for the instructions.

For me, when I select Full Width, the 16:9 height is too large and the user needs to scroll back-forth to view the entire Storyline screen. The height of the slides are set to 960 by 540 high.

Setting to medium scale is OK, but some users may appreciate the full screen view for view-ability.

Erik

Erik M

Hmmm, curious.

When I resize the Chrome browser window, Rise does adapt (nice), and I can then get the Full Width look and have the height within the window without having the scroll. Unfortunately, this does not make for a pleasant user experience if the need to re-size their window.

Playing with the browser zoom level does not help :-(

Erik

Mark Woolway

Hi,

This may be a new thread altogether, but I am trying to maximise screen size for storyline 360 blocks imported into Rise 360 for mobile phones. When I preview the screen size is too small to handle the content. Rise preview won't even display the content. 

What should I set the maximum pixel rate of a storyline file at to ensure the  file will display correctly on a mobile device?

Thank you