Options for Exporting Rise Courses to a Website

Apr 30, 2020

Hello!

I am on a Articulate 360 trial right now and LOVing it!

I work in the Education department with an international non-profit, and we're creating trainings for our volunteer base. While our long term plan is to create a new training page and LMS through Word Press, we are wondering about a short term solution of integrating Rise courses into our current Community training and forum site, which is run by Personify (formerly Small World Labs).  I know it's possible to export these courses for web use (vs. LMS or PDF), but we're wondering about the specifics, potentially using XLIFF or otherwise?

Can you address the following questions for us, in regards to Rise courses and specifically XLIFF (or if there's a better way for us to embed Rise content/ courses)?

Is it designed to be embedded in another site?
How would they suggest being able to put the course design somewhere else?
Does someone need to log-in to access the design? Or is it possible to use even if we don't have users signed in?
How does Articulate authenticate access to any of its course URLs?
If they do require a log-in to access, could we pass in an ID to the page (i.e. using an identifier when someone does a course and then record it in FormAssembly? or use a query parameter to record that they’ve taken it)

Thank you!

Tamara

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

You've asked some excellent questions, Tamara! 

• Is it designed to be embedded in another site? How would they suggest being able to put the course design somewhere else? 
    You can certainly publish a Rise 360 course and embed it on another website. This article explains how to do that!
  • Does someone need to log-in to access the design? Or is it possible to use even if we don't have users signed in? 
    If you follow the steps in the article linked above, anyone can access your Rise 360 course without logging in. 
  • How does Articulate authenticate access to any of its course URLs?
    Because your content will be hosted on your own web server, Articulate does not authenticate access. 
  • If they do require a log-in to access, could we pass in an ID to the page? 
    Once you publish content and host it on your own web server, no log-in is required for access. Anyone with the direct URL link can access your course.

Are you interested in enrolling learners and tracking course data? If so, check out Rise.com

Rise.com includes all the authoring functionality from Rise 360, plus a library of pre-built lessons on common business topics. You can also start creating your Rise.com course from one of many sample courses rather than starting from scratch. Once you’ve created a course, you can enroll learners, track their progress, and analyze training effectiveness—all within Rise.com. Each learner would have a unique log-in to access their training. 

If that's something you're interested in, reach out to the team at sales@rise.com to find out more!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.