Problem With "Image as Background" Option [Microlearning]

Jan 09, 2024

Hi all!

I have run into a consistent issue, pictured below, where trying to connect a solid colored block, such as a Heading block, to any block with an image background will result in the solid color of the top block bleeding into the block with the image. In the screenshots, you can see that there is no problem in the builder, but then in preview, the black extends down and covers quite a bit of the background. 

The only solution I've found for this problem so far is to attach another block to the bottom, such as a Continue block. For some reason, if the block with an image background is sandwiched, this issue does not occur. While this solution is helpful, there are multiple instances where it would not be optimal to include an extra block at the bottom.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any tips & tricks for getting around this, or is this user error?

Thanks and have a great Tuesday. 

6 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry for the trouble with the image background in Rise 360! I see that you're working with my teammate Lejan on a support case, and unfortunately, this issue has been identified as a bug in the product. Our engineers are currently working on a fix, and we'll let you know once it is available.

In the meantime, I'm opening the floor to our community members who may have encountered the issue and would like to share how they handled it in their courses.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Selma, 

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. We're still working on a fix for the bug described here. The only workaround we've identified so far is to avoid using image backgrounds.

Since this thread is already linked to the bug report, we'll leave a message here as soon as a fix is released.