Publishing, Opening Rise Project

Apr 14, 2017

Let it be known first that I never claim to be savvy with computer related issues, figuring out on my own.

With that said, I just published my first RISE project as a test.  RISE does not ask for a file to place it in, just say's it has been sent to my computer.  So took mea while to find it.

Then the hard part....can't get it to open.  It's a .zip but I cannot get the darn thing to open. Need some gentle coaching.

Thanks

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael,

First off, congrats on finishing your first Rise course! I’m happy to provide some gentle coaching. 😀

Can you help me understand what you’re trying to do?

1. Are you trying to see what your course looks like?

OR
  2. Are you trying to share your course with learners?

Let me know what you’re trying to do and I’ll point you in the right direction!

Michael Hales

I have not messed with it for a while but now it is relevant.  What I am trying to do is get this loaded to my LMS.  I was expecting an "output" file to be generated like the Storyline products do.  With that I can upload to the LMS.  Also, why doesn't give you the choice of where to place the content?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Awesome Michael, welcome back! 

Rise courses can be exported as AICC, SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and Tin Can API (xAPI) packages to be hosted in your learning management system. (Or, you can export Rise courses as web-only packages to be hosted on a web server.) Here's how:

1. Open the course from your Rise dashboard.
  2. Click Export in the upper right corner of the screen.
  3. Choose an LMS specification or select No LMS—Web Only.
    • If you choose SCORM 2004, you'll be prompted to select an Edition (2nd, 3rd, or 4th).
    • If you choose Tin Can API, you can use the randomly-generated identifier or customize it. (Use the same identifier each time you export if you're re-publishing a course that's already in your LMS.)
  4. Click Export in the upper right corner again to generate the package.
  5. You'll see a notification when your course is ready for export. Click the Export button on the notification to proceed. (If Rise finds any errors in your course, such as a blank lesson, you'll be asked if you want to edit the course or continue with the export.)
  6. After a few moments of processing, you'll be prompted to download the zip file to your computer. Choose a location and click Save.
  7. Click OK to acknowledge the export successful message.

After exporting your Rise course, simply upload it to a web server or LMS, then distribute it to your learners. For a web-only course, give learners a link to the index.html file. For an LMS course, point your LMS to the indexapi.html file (if your LMS requires you to identify the launch file).

Let me know if you need anything else!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.