Putting Presenter Powerpoint into Rise

Feb 27, 2017

When I try to embed Presenter power point slides into Rise it does flow smoothly. The embedding doesn't have a snip it image of the powerpoint its just a like to Articulate 360. How can I embed with a better flow for the course?

14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kinzler, 

Great question! You'll need to do this with the iFrame embed code, vs. the URL directly. I made a little Rise course showing you the difference between the two here as a Proof of concept - so take a look at this one here. The steps to do so are also included in that Presenter course which is embedded in the Rise course. 

Hope that helps! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mandy, 

First, just wanted to also give you a heads up that responding via email includes your signature here in ELH. You are welcome to visit the forum discussion and click on the "edit" below your post to remove that information. No worries on our part - just in case you don't want your information publicly! 

As for the embed code, you'd need to have your Presenter course (or any other course) hosted on a web server. You had mentioned just seeing the link to Articulate 360, so I assumed you were using Articulate Review as the hosting site for your Presenter course and trying to link that within Rise. To do so, you'll just want to grab the "Share" link and then place that inside the ifFrame code that would look like:   <iframe src=“Insert URL Here"></iframe> 

If you've hosted the content on another site such as your web site, you can use the URL that you find at the top of your browser and insert it into the same spot. The entire text between the <   > is what you'll put in as the embed code. 

This is written out a bit further step by step in my Presenter course that was inside Rise here. 

Hope that helps clarify! 

Jason Mortvedt

I followed the following instructions:

As for the embed code, you'd need to have your Presenter course (or any other course) hosted on a web server. You had mentioned just seeing the link to Articulate 360, so I assumed you were using Articulate Review as the hosting site for your Presenter course and trying to link that within Rise. To do so, you'll just want to grab the "Share" link and then place that inside the ifFrame code that would look like:
And it doesn't work when I try to add any presenters into rise. What am I doing wrong?

Alyssa Gomez

Hello!

It looks like the quotation marks before the http is the culprit. You'll want to use vertical/straight quotation marks (as opposed to curly quotes), like this:

<iframe src="https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c5984c29-97e4-43f1-92aa-1d667f7824ad/review"></iframe> 

It's a small change, but it makes a big difference! And here's a copy of a quick Rise course I made with that embed code. Try that embed code in your course, and let me know if it works!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Phoebe! 

The best way to embed a Presenter or PowerPoint file in Rise 360 is to first convert the file to Storyline 360. Give this a try:

Let me know how that goes!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.