Question Pools in Quiz

Jan 09, 2018

I just wondered if it is possible to use question pools in Rise. I created about 30 questions but only want Rise to randomly choose 10 of them.  

70 Replies
Business School

Another vote for this one, just the ability to select number of questions to be displayed would be an awesome addition.  Leave weighting and question linking for another time :)

For now can we can use a storyline block to manage question pools within Rise? Would an LMS be able to report on and complete based on the passmark within the storyline block? - Many thanks, Sarah

Allison LaMotte

Thanks for your feedback! I'll pass it on to the development team.

To answer your question about reporting: yes, you'll be able to send the score from a Storyline block to your LMS but not the question-specific information (like the answer to a short-answer question). Here's how to make sure your score is getting sent.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tyrone!

Yes, you can import a quiz you created in Storyline 360 as a Storyline block!

You can also track the Storyline Block quiz score in a Rise 360 course. Just choose the quiz tracking option when you publish from Storyline to Review 360, and then choose to track the Rise course by the Storyline blockIn that scenario, the quiz score will be sent to the LMS, but question-level details aren't sent to the LMS for Storyline blocks.

Alyssa Gomez

Good question, Bhuvana!

While you can require that a learner complete a Storyline block, there isn't a way to direct the learner to a different lesson from inside the Storyline block.

You could add a button stack block below the Storyline block to direct the learner to different lessons in the course based upon their quiz score. Would that be an option for you?