Quiz issues in Rise 360

Mar 05, 2024

I know there are other posts on this, but none seem to address the problem.

I have a course with 21 lessons. There is a branch where people only take one of two lessons, so won't complete all lessons by design.

At the end of successfully completing the quiz, the message 'Lessons must be completed in order' appears in a locked divider block.

Navigation is set to off and previous/next lesson buttons are off, again by design.

I find it mad that a quiz cant be treated like another lesson and be a BLOCK rather than a variation of a lesson that doesn't allow the user to edit the content of the button that is seen when a quiz is completed.

Can somebody please tell me how to resolve this as it is incredibly annoying and ruiuns the funcionality of the course entirely.

4 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Chris,

Happy to help!

For the final divider block in your Rise 360 course, have you tried setting the 'Completion Type' setting to Complete Block Directly Above instead of using the Complete All Blocks Above setting?

This will remove the requirement of having to complete all preceeding blocks in order to activate the continue block in the course.

Let me know if this works for you!

Chris Williams

Hi Jose,

Thanks for yo9ur response.

I'm in a 'Quiz' rather than a lesson, which seems to mean I'm unable to insert any divider blocks...seems very restrictive as I said in my original message, unless I'm missing something?

As you can see in the attachment, there's nothing I can do other than change the text in the main window or add questions.

Chris

Jose Tansengco

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for the clarification. You're most likely experiencing the behavior because you have your Navigation Mode set to "Restrict Navigation". As a troubleshooting step, try turning this feature off in your course if its currently turned on to see if this fixes the issue.

Here's more information on controlling navigation in Rise 360 courses for your reference:

Let me know if this works for you!