Quiz marking complete after fail

Aug 16, 2017

I have searched and could not find what I am looking for.  If this is already answered I apologize in advance.

• I have created a Rise course and I have set the progress as restricted. The user has to complete each lesson before moving on to the next one.  
  • I have created a quiz as part of the course about halfway through the course. 
  • Set the passing grade on the course as 80%
  • Taken the quiz and failed.
  • I get the notice that my score is  0 and I see the option to take it again
  • However, in the sidebar, it places a checkmark on the quiz and allows me to move on to the next lesson.
  • I want it to make the learner pass the quiz before it moves on to the next lesson.

Help

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Danny,

First of all, thanks for sharing great attention to detail in the steps you've taken and what you are seeing. That is certainly helpful.

What you are seeing is the current design. The restricted navigation keeps the user from progressing prior to completion, but at this time, the user is not required to pass the quiz for completion.

I do know that this is a feature request we are tracking and I will be sure to add this thread.

Danny Evans

So you have a quiz with a pass/fail setting that allows you to proceed even if you fail... Sounds more like a bug than a feature request... :-)

I am just glad it isn't something that I missed.  Any idea on a date? I can create the quiz as a separate learning object in my LMS but would like to have it as one item.

Shaina Buschor

I am experiencing a bug with this feature.

In the Quiz Settings I have set Require Passing Score to Continue to On, set the Passing Score to 100%, and in the Export Settings I have set the Tracking to Track Using Quiz Result: Knowledge Check.

However, when tested with a failing score the results are reported as Success: Failed and Completion: Complete

Are there other settings besides the ones I have noted that need to be changed to make the course report as Incomplete when a failing score is registered?

Anthony Karcz

Hi, Jonica! That's actually working as intended! In the example you posted, the learner took the quiz and completed the course, so SCORM registers a complete status, but they didn't pass that quiz, so a failed status is reported. 

To register completion only when your LMS records a passing score on the quiz, select Passed/Incomplete from the Reporting drop-down menu. That should give you the results you're looking for. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.