Quiz Problem With Rise

Jun 11, 2018

Lately i decided to use Rise to create some courses instead of storyline 360. But i found what it seem to be a problem in the final quiz. the problem is as follow:

When i set the course navigation type to "Restricted" the last question in the quiz doesn't calculate and it never shows the final result. I tried this within the LMS and outside the LMS and the same thing happened. I tried it with my own courses and with the example that is already existed in Rise page "Employees Health and Wellness" and i got the same result. When the course navigation type set to "Restricted" the Quiz never calculate the final result and stops at the last question.

Is there any solution for that? or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you

20 Replies
Hossam Anber

Thanks for your reply, I also encountered another problem when the navigation type set to "restricted" within the LMS. When the user pass the course and exit when he come back the course doesn't load. I tried the same LMS settings but i set the navigation type to free and it loaded properly. I am trying different settings hopefully i will be able to solve it. Please let me know if you have a solution for this one too. 

Thank you

Hossam Anber

Hi Ashley,

When you see the course not loading, do you get an error message or just a blank screen?  --> Just blank screen with no error message.

What other settings do you have in your LMS to modify how a user could relaunch a course?  -> user can relaunch the course by clicking on the exit button and resume to the course again.

Thank you

Crystal Horn

Hi Hossam!  I'm happy to let you know that the issue with getting stuck on the last quiz question is resolved.  Your course is automatically updated, so you'll just need to export it again.

I tested the resume behavior in SCORM Cloud and in Moodle with the navigation set to restricted.  In both environments, I was able to resume or restart the course after passing.  Since we just released a fix for the other issue, it's possible that it also fixed this second issue.

Can you test a new version of your course in the LMS with the restricted navigation?  Let me know how you make out!

Hossam Anber

Hi Crystal, 

Thank you for being very helpful. 

Just finished testing the course and the two problems i encountered was resolved as the following:

When the menu set to restricted:

1- The Assessment calculates properly.

2- When the user exit the course and come back it loads properly.

There is one additional problem i encountered before, i hope you have solution for it too. The problem is as the following:

1- A user fail to pass the assessment.

2- The user decide to retake again,

3- After couple of questions the user exit the assessment before completing it.

4- The user come back later where he left off and complete the assessment.

5- The assessment results never calculate. no error screen just white blank screen "image attached". It happen with both restricted and the free menu type. 

6- In order for the assessment to calculate properly user must click "Take Again" and finish it at the spot. If user exit before completing the assessment and come back to finish it later the result doesn't calculate until he press "Try Again" and finish it at the spot.

i tried with different settings within my LMS and it come with the same results every time.

Thank you for your help and support.

Hossam Anber

Hi Ashley,

I tried to share a quick example but unfortunately for security matters i cant upload any file here even though it was just a quick example of a 4 questions quiz. The problem still the same:

If the user fail to pass the quiz on his first attempt, then pressed "Take Again", then after one or two questions the user decide to exit the quiz to complete later. when he come back where he left off and finished the quiz, the quiz result will not be calculated. He must then press "Take Again" and finish it at the spot before exiting the quiz. Otherwise the problem will occur again.

Thanks

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Hossam,

I couldn't access your link, it looks like I needed a log in?

I tried to replicate what you described though in this sample Rise course about Fruits. Can you let me know if you see the same behavior testing there? If you're able to take a Peek of the problem that would help me follow your exact steps. 

Laura Snyder

The same issue with the quiz getting stuck on a blank screen and not calculating results still persists. In my case it is the second to last quiz. It's not all learners but many enough to be very concerning. Different devises and different browsers using Workday LMS. Any advice?

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Laura! Sorry to hear that some of your learners are getting stuck on a blank screen. I would suggest opening a case with us so that one of our technical support engineers can take a look and you can share your course privately. Please include information on the browsers and device type and version encountering the issue. Here's the link to file a case.

Naison  Mwanza

I am having the same issue with Rise 360. I have  built a course which finishes with a quiz. The course just ends with the last question answered whether pass or not.  Am I able to do the following:

1. Set a pass fail ( I thought it is default at 80%)
  2. The learners knows they have passed of railed and they can retake the quiz if failed
  3. Is the an option to set quiz attempts at 3 attempts  for  the quiz
  4. Issue a certificate upon successful completion

I intend to publish on the web because this is an assignment but I am assuming the user should  be able to have the same experience (Know they have passed of failed.

Karl Muller

Hi Naison,

Open your Quiz, and select Settings in the top right corner.

On the Settings page you can:

1. Set a pass mark of your choice.

3. Set the quiz attempts to 3.

2. When students complete a Quiz, Rise will automatically create a page that displays the percentage they achieved and whether that is a pass or fail. They can retake they quiz.

4. Rise does have the ability to issue a Quiz. Some Rise users have used a custom Storyline block to issues a certificate. 

Naison  Mwanza

Hi Karl

Are you referring to Quizmaker 360? If so I wanted the quiz to be part of a course like as soon as someone finishes the course they start the quiz.

I have done the quiz on Quizmaker 360 but I am not sure how I can attach it t the course (which I did on Rise 360)

Also  how can I publish on the web soo that anyone with a link can assess the course?  I have not used Rise 360 for a while but in the past it had no problems publishing on the Web.

Regards

Naison 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Naison! 

You asked how you can publish a Rise 360 course for the web so that anyone with a link can view the course -- check out this article!

As Karl mentioned, Rise 360 doesn't have a built-in certificate feature. You would need to create the certificate in another tool and embed it or attach it to the course. 

Bilal Rehman

Hello,

I'm also having some hardships regarding the Quiz in Rise 360. My situation is that we have a course that has to be done every year and some people had the information in that course for over 20 years and just know everything, therefore we inserted the option to jump to the conclusion when finishing a small mandatory section. Of course everyone has to still take a quiz and here comes the thing I'm stuck at. I set the passing score to 70%, they have unlimited tries, they can just advance when they pass the course and a continue button should appear when they succeed. However we need the course to be restricted so everything is in order and when a user skips the part that is not mandatory, it is not marked with a checkmark and therefore the quiz doesn't give you the continue button. It only says "all the above have to be completed in order to continue". Is there a way that we can make that work?

Kind regards,

Bilal

Barbara Lenze
Bilal Rehman

Hello,

I'm also having some hardships regarding the Quiz in Rise 360. My situation is that we have a course that has to be done every year and some people had the information in that course for over 20 years and just know everything, therefore we inserted the option to jump to the conclusion when finishing a small mandatory section. Of course everyone has to still take a quiz and here comes the thing I'm stuck at. I set the passing score to 70%, they have unlimited tries, they can just advance when they pass the course and a continue button should appear when they succeed. However we need the course to be restricted so everything is in order and when a user skips the part that is not mandatory, it is not marked with a checkmark and therefore the quiz doesn't give you the continue button. It only says "all the above have to be completed in order to continue". Is there a way that we can make that work?

Kind regards,

Bilal

I am having the same issue with the Quiz and the restriction turned "on". Is there any solution?