Quiz reporting as Zero to Students if not 100%

Jan 25, 2023

I have developed a few assignments in Articulate for Aaron’s regular online HSA 200 course. I added a quiz to the lesson so that it would report a score at the end and let that be the student’s grade for the assignment. However, I have had a couple of students email me and say once they completed the assignment, it gave them a zero. In blackboard, it says the assignment is still in progress, so I can’t reset the attempt. I entered the student preview for blackboard and tested myself. It is only passing me and sending my score to the blackboard if I get a 100%. All other scores tell me I received a 0% and report to blackboard as in-progress. What am I doing wrong, and how can I report the percentage they get to blackboard? 

1 Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi Brittani,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue, but I'm happy to help troubleshoot. You mentioned, "It is only passing me and sending my score to the blackboard if I get a 100%. All other scores tell me I received a 0%."

• Have you set the passing score for the quiz? You can check by selecting Settings, and Passing Score should appear at the top of the list.
    • If the passing score is set to 100%, learners will have to mark all answers correct, or they will receive a 0%. One thing you can try is changing the passing score, for example, to 80%.

I hope this helps! If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out here or privately in a support case so we can troubleshoot further.