Quizzes - Resitting only incorrect questions. Rise 360

Jul 21, 2022

Hello there,

Thanks for the great themes update. 

I was hoping there was a way to get the user to only have to re-answer the quiz questions they got wrong when re-attempting the quizzes? 

(rather than having to answer all the quiz questions again.)

Thanks again

Dan

23 Replies
Michelle Ermler

This would be an amazing feature!!  We receive countless feedback from learners about having to repeat all the questions in a set if they get one wrong.  We have resorted to breaking the end of module quizzes down into multiple quizzes to reduce the number of questions in the set,  E.g. if there are 24 questions we split this into about 3 quiz of 8 questions. It's less than ideal but better than having to repeat 24 questions if you get 1 wrong!  

How can we make this an improvement request!?

Stuart Johnston

Hi Angelo,

Gotta be honest - very tired of seeing this standard response: "not on our feature roadmap yet".

Surely, the number of times this feature has come up on this forum must be adding some weight to the feature request for your development team to consider!!

The Storyline work-around is a very cumbersome development experience, and to be honest, not a very polished user experience either.  

This should absolutely be a standard knowledge-check feature!

Please forgive this blunt response - it is not directed at you Angelo - but i've been seeing this feature being requested for years now and Articulate seem determined not to listen to their stakeholders and implement the feature, its so frustrating.

Cheers

Sarah Habsburg

TOTALLY! I am fairly new to rise360 but am super frustrated with this lack of feature already. It has been the most common feedback comment from all beta testers... "why can we not immediately redo a question that we got wrong on the quiz instead of having to wait until the end and then redo them all??". PLEASE update this soon! 

Sarah Habsburg

Hi Michelle, how do you measure the total result via LMS tracking when the quiz is broken down into 3 x 8 question sets as you mentioned? I saw this example given in another thread as an example of how to give users further instructions on completing a quiz: https://rise.articulate.com/share/DwWY8QcaURRt5N7n_8JmI6yejTKLGpYh#/lessons/7nqZHnjrSQ44A_Bjyr1zSg8anmjz6-Ze

I am thinking it could be a useful way to block the question sets into one "course" and then export the final result as the tracking method in the LMS. Does that in fact make any sense? 

Also, does anyone know how to add that score calculation wheel that appears after submitting the answers?

Sarah Habsburg

Thanks Karl, found it! :)) I had not assigned a pass score, hence why I didn't see the score calculator.

Now to find a workaround for the negative feedback mentioned above from my beta testers, that they wish they didn't have to redo the whole question set (there are 15) when they know they have only got one or two wrong. If I break the questions down into three sets of five, this means I would get 3 score calculation wheels. Do you know if they would then give a combined results in my LMS tracking, (I am using Moodle) or am I complicating this too much?

Michelle Ermler

Hi Sarah 😊 Thanks for joining the thread. 

For our online courses, all the quiz require a 100% pass mark for the learner to proceed to the end.  As such, we just report to the LMS on complete/incomplete status.  As the learner must receive 100% on all questions to progress in the module we decided it was redundant to try and report the score to the LMS at the end. Ultimately we are aware of the number of questions in the rise course and if the learner has completed the course they have achieved a full score. I know this probably doesn't help what you're trying to achieve but wanted to explain how we were using the workaround to try and improve the user experience. 

If you find something different that works please share as I'd be keen to hear about it. 😊

Sarah Habsburg

Thanks for this Michelle, so your users do three quizzes with 8 questions each and have to attain 100% in each to pass and that is what the LMS reports on using the complete/incomplete status. That makes sense! I will play around and if I come up with anything else I will post it here. Thank you for your fast replies and useful input. This seems to be a great forum :) 

Anita Whitelum

Me too - it is extremely frustrating for learners to have to repeat the entire quiz especially when the course is a really short course - it unnecessarily extends the time taken to complete it. If the quiz is 10 questions long and 100% is required (which it is for us) and one question is answered incorrectly the entire quiz needs to be repeated. This really ruins the learning experience and is a real obstacle for us in trying to make learning a positive experience. 

Alison Harden

I cannot believe that this feature hasn't been prioritised. I was on a Rise course this morning run by David Anderson and asked the question there, even though it was off topic. I believe David mentioned looking in forums to assist but this hasn't helped at all if it's not part of their roadmap of improvements. It's not really even an enhancement, it's an essential feature and one that impedes the learners' experience in the software.  Please, please Articulate, make this request a priority!