Reporting Text Input Questions from Storyline Block in Rise

Jan 23, 2023

Hello,

I am using a Storyline 360 "quiz" which captures learner's answer as well as a written rationale for their answer.

This Storyline block works perfectly in isolation on our LMS and enables us to track and gather the inputs from learners through our reporting function.

We are now wanting to embed this Storyline block into a Rise 360 module. However, whilst the LMS tracks the score from the quiz, it is not reporting the text inputs from learners.

Would anyone know of any particular steps to try? I have already ensured reporting/tracking is through the Storyline block and I have ensured in the Storyline script that it includes the text responses in the Quiz (as above, in isolation the Quiz reports both multiple choice AND text inputs perfectly).

Thanks

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Will. Rise 360 courses will not report Storyline question data from a Storyline block to an LMS.

You can choose to track the Storyline block as completion criteria, and you can control completion with regard to passing or failing a quiz in Storyline. Rise 360 will not, however, pass along anything to the LMS besides whether the user has completed the Storyline interaction.

Some folks choose to include a 3rd party survey tool in their Rise 360 courses using an embed block to collect open-ended responses from learners. Popular tools include Google Forms, GetFeedback, and Survey Monkey. I hope that helps clarify!