Rise 360: Can I make one lesson 'optional'?

May 03, 2023

Hi all - 

I have about 6 lessons in my Rise360 training.  It must be completed sequentially.  I would like to add an 'optional' module (I presume best at the end) and allow people to take it -- or skip it and go right to the final resources / acknowledgements.   DO YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION for allowing the 'skip over' of this last lesson -- but still keeping the requirements for sequential completion for the earlier lessons?  

Hope that explanation was clear - thanks much - 

c.

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

You're correct: to require learners to complete the initial lessons in order with restricted navigation, the optional lesson needs to be at the end. 

To allow the learner to complete the course at the end of Lesson 5, insert a Storyline block that runs a completion trigger when its timeline starts. Use that to track completion when you export the course for the LMS:

The Storyline only needs 1 slide, which could have any message you want (e.g., "You have successfully completed this course"). You could even resize the SL file to be short and wide, so it doesn't take up the space of a full slide. 

Near that (before or after), you could put a button block that jumps to Lesson 6. Be sure the text makes it clear that's optional

Another option: You could lower the percentage of the course that has to be viewed so it would complete at the end of the 5th lesson. (If you do this, be sure to test it in the SCORM CLOUD. I don't know how Rise calculates the percentage.)