Rise 360 Closed Captioning Compliance

Sep 23, 2022

Hello,

What is the best way to align to ADA standards for closed captioning using Rise 360 without overwhelming the learner with text? I know that you can build Storyline files with audio and embed them in Rise 360 but there isn't a audio feature in Rise that could be another option, correct?

I am looking for a best practice and solution.

Thanks, 

Ed Hill

Director of Courseware Development

SonicWall, Inc.

2 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Ed! There isn't a way to add closed captions for audio blocks in Rise. You can only add closed captions to videos right now. I've added you to the feature request for closed captions for audio blocks. If we make any changes, we'll let you know!

A Storyline block (with audio and closed captions) would be a good idea, but I hope our other community members will chime in for other ideas!

Cassandra Buffington-Bates

Hi Hazel,

Please add me to this request as I'm working on a project using the audio and video blocks.  Adding .vtt files to video blocks works perfectly and is a nice feature for those who need or want to see it as a video is playing. However, since closed captioning isn't with audio blocks, I'm adding the transcript as an attachment for people to download if applicable.  Any timeframe on the feature being added?