Rise 360 Google Cloud Upload

Apr 18, 2024

Hi, 

I wanted to upload my Rise 360 portfolio to Google Cloud. I have watched two videos that explain how to do it. I've followed all of their steps, including giving  the bucket public access. 

When I download from Rise 360, I get a "content" folder and it holds all of these items. That's good. All is well.

Content Files

However, when I upload the "content" folder to my bucket in Google Cloud, I see too many files

lots of files

I shouldn't see so many files. The two videos I've watched have only a few folders uploaded. See below.

what I should see

I can find a index.html line even if there are lots of files. I'm told I can just click on the index.html to copy the url. Once I do that, I should be able to paste it in my browser. But when I do paste it, there is just a white screen.

The steps seem pretty easy. It's just that the folder upload isn't going correctly. The other problem is that all my files say "public to internet," which seems okay, but none of the videos have all of their files labeled for public access, only two or three do.

If you can help, I'd truly appreciate it!

9 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello V. Blue Lemay,

Happy to help!

It looks like your files are not uploading properly based on the screenshots you shared. You'll need to ensure your files are uploaded like this in your Cloud Storage Bucket for your course to properly load.

Content Files

Google Cloud's official documentation also mentions other requirements before the site can be accessed, so I recommend checking them here.

While I don't have experience in hosting content in Google Cloud, I have hosted Articulate 360 content in Amazon S3 before, and the process is pretty straightforward if this is something you'd like to explore. Simply upload your content to a folder, and access the index.html file and your course should load on your browser.

Jose Tansengco

Hello V. Blue Lemay,

Happy to help!

It looks like your files are not uploading properly based on the screenshots you shared. You'll need to ensure your files are uploaded like this in your Cloud Storage Bucket for your course to properly load.

Content Files

Google Cloud's official documentation also mentions other requirements before the site can be accessed, so I recommend checking them here.

While I don't have experience in hosting content in Google Cloud, I have hosted Articulate 360 content in Amazon S3 before, and the process is pretty straightforward if this is something you'd like to explore. Simply upload your content to a folder, and access the index.html file and your course should load on your browser.

Mari Orozco

I normally use Google Cloud and am experiencing the same issue. Typically I am able to upload the entire Asset and Lib folder using the upload folder button and then the goodbye and index using the upload files button, but for some reason when I try to upload the folders (Asset and Lib), Google is uploading them as individual files (which it has never done before). Even if I create the Asset and Lib folder and add the files myself, its still not working. All my other courses are working fine and setting are the same as the ones that work. Is anyone else experiencing this?

V. Blue Lemay

Hi Taylor, 

First, I tried reading the official documentation for Google Cloud that Jose recommended above. But it was incomprehensible to me. 

Second, I tried loading files and folder separately as Mari tried (see below). That did not work. What I suspect--although I'm not sure--is that I should NOT have zipped my work when I downloaded from Rise 360. I lost access to my trial, but if you try to download WITHOUT zipping or choosing any other option, then it might work for you. I viewed this video (below), and Devlin did NOT choose any options. Although Devlin is working in AWS S3, it might be applicable for Google Cloud. If you try, let me know.

Third, since I was running out of patience, I opened a AWS S3 account that Jose and Devlin recommended. I dragged my opened folder and dropped into the bucket. After I set permissions as Peck recommended, it worked. I can't tell you how happy I am!

Here is Devlin Pecks video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AutgRGiR3CQ 

Valerie Brown

I've been struggling with this for a few days. I  just tried it in my Google Cloud bucket and it's still dumping all of the files in a single place without any hierarchy to allow the index file to work. My Articulate Storyline file was 17 folders and I just manually created each one and placed the files inside each. I ran it and it appears to be working, but I haven't QA'd the full course to see if I made any errors (likely.)  The Rise folder hierarchy is a lot more complex and I don't have the patience or precision needed to complete the tedium for multiple projects. Guess I might be trying AWS S3.