Rise 360 on Totara LMS

Apr 15, 2019

Hi there - 

I am currently utilizing Rise on a Totara LMS. With other SCORM packages, I am able to allow users to pick up where they left off. However, I can't seem to enable this function with a Rise SCORM on my site. 

Any assistance is appreciated! 

3 Replies
Anthony Karcz

Hey, Brian! Hopefully, some community members who also use Totara will chime in, but in the meantime you might want to try enabling LMS debug mode for your course. This generates a log that can be reviewed by you or your LMS administrator as you try to determine where communication between your course and Totara is getting hung up.

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Sam Kennedy

Hi Brian

Wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this? It's likely to be a requirement for a client of mine shortly too.

Also, I've haven't used Totara yet but I've used Moodle extensively and I've never been impressed by the way my content looks in its SCORM player; it adds a border and extra buttons which take up real estate and mess with my responsive content. I'm hoping Totara is different! Is it?

All the best

Sam

Crystal Horn

Hi Sam! I'll let Brian answer about his Totara experience, but I wanted to share 2 ideas!

• When your Rise 360 course is hosted in a learning management system, the course will talk to the LMS to allow learners to resume their course from where they left off. Let us know if that's not the case.
  • To keep your course fully responsive, check to see if you have the option to launch the course in a new window from your LMS.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.