Rise 360 section headers - hard to see transition to new section

Jun 13, 2023

Hi, In Rise 360, I noticed that when I have section headers above my lesson, you can see them on the left-side navigation pane ("INTRODUCTION" in this case). 

Rise navigation section header

But you cannot see that you are moving into a new section if you use the "Continue" buttons at the bottom of the page -- it just takes you to a new lesson in the next section without any transition/indication on the page itself. Is there a way to make it more apparent that you are moving to a new section on the main screen? Thanks!

4 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Tracy,

If you want more details on your button when moving to the next section in your course, you can use a divider>continue block. To do this:

1. Go to the end of the last lesson in your section

2. Add a new block, then select divider > continue. 

3. Edit the label and hint text as you see fit, to indicate to the learner that they are moving to a new section.

Here's how it will look like when your learner views your the lesson: 

I hope this helps!

Tracy de Swiet

Thanks - though it seems less clear for the learner if the only way to show where they are is in the text of the Continue button, or perhaps showing it in the lesson title (SECTION 2 - Lesson 1). What I would love to do is have something like a Powerpoint transition slide. (But I don't see a way to do that: If I add a lesson it counts in the # of lessons. And if I break the sections into separate courses the LMS charges for additional numbers of courses accessed, and it doesn't look as seamless).

Also, the course shows you are in lesson x out of total lessons (Lesson 3 of 12), but I'd prefer to show the number of lessons within the section (Lesson 3 of 5), or remove that altogether.

Is each of these possible? Thanks so much!