Rise Assessments Triggering Employee Distress in an Employee

Aug 16, 2023

One of our employees informed us that the built-in Rise Assessment at the end of the module caused her "physical, medical distress" due to the "bouncing up-and-down format of the quiz". After meeting with the employee, I saw that there was a slight change in the movement of the questions that is causing discomfort for her. She suffers from vertigo. I'm curious if this issue has been reported previously. As we use Rise for many of our quizzes, this news is concerning. I've attached her complaint. 

Pinned Reply
6 Replies
Judy Nollet

That's truly important information to share. I'm sure most folks don't realize how even small animations can have such a distressing impact. 

To ensure that the Articulate staff sees this info, I suggest you contact them directly. There are two options:

Any potential fix would take a while. In the meantime, you could use Storyline blocks for the quizzes. Here's how to ensure the user has to pass the quiz to complete the Rise course:

• In the Storyline file, add a Complete Course trigger to the Success layer of the Quiz Results slide. 
  • When you publish the Storyline quiz to Review 360, indicate that tracking should be done via that completion trigger.
  • Insert the quiz into Rise via an interactive Storyline block.
  • When you publish the Rise course, indicate that tracking should be done via the Storyline completion trigger.

Note: This method allows you to track that someone passed the quiz. However, it doesn't pass the score to the LMS. (To me, that's not a big deal. In companies I've worked with, I don't think anyone even looks at final passing scores. They just want to know if someone passed/completed or not.)

Marvie Mulder

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I’m so sorry to hear the quiz animation caused physical distress. We take this issue seriously, and I'm working with our team to resolve it. I'll let you know as soon as we have an update to share.

Thanks for jumping in Judy! This is indeed very important. 

Regards,
Marvie