Rise: Better Block Arranging Tools

Oct 18, 2023

Hi,

This is a feature request unless it already exists (at which please point it out to me).

Would it be possible in Rise to have a better approach to rearranging the content blocks?

Currently, all I can see is the little up/down arrows to move a block up or down one level at a time. I'm talking the divider line beneath the block you want to reposition, the continue button beneath that, the numbered divider beneath that, the heading beneath that, the paragraph beneath that, the list beneath that, the video beneath that, the divider beneath that,... you get the idea. This is cumbersome and slow, made even more so by the little animations that play to better highlight where the block has moved from/to (keep that animation by the way if you use the up/down arrows), and then waiting for the move up/down arrows to appear again.

As a suggestion from a user perspective, having the option to be able to drag the block where I want it to sit in the lesson order would be far quicker and actually make it easier to keep track of where I need it to go (a bit like rearranging lessons on the course home page). Add an auto-scroll to that so if I want to move the block further down or up in the lesson than my current view shoes would be brilliant, especially when I want to duplicate existing blocks when building up a lesson structure.

Better yet, providing an option of a zoomed out view when doing so could really help to simply shift the blocks around without having to sit there and constantly click up/down arrows to move it through every single individual block that currently sits in the course.

Kind regards,

Sam

Edit: Additionally, being able to select multiple blocks to move as one item would make building courses far quicker than doing one block at a time.

Edit: I'm aware of the function to setup template blocks, but this isn't always the best approach.

2 Replies