Rise course not displaying in my LMS

Apr 19, 2023

Hi,

This is my first time using Rise, having used Storyline 360 before with great success. I have published (xAPI) and uploaded my course to my LMS, but when I launch it, it is not visible.

This is the error I am getting: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/xapi-uncaught-error-type-this-log-is-not-a-function

My IT guy has said this: "The reason for this is because when it is run in our LMS it requests where the student last left off with the course. The LMS is returning back with nothing (first time use) and the XAPI course is then trying to log that it couldn't parse the response, though it is failing to actually log this (note that this is not indicative of an error, it just logs lots of different things). So, the error happens here where it says "log is undefined"."

Basically, when the user tries to start the course for the first time, it doesn't know what to show because they have never done it before!

This may be an issue with our LMS, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this. The export options seem limited in Rise, so I'm not sure what I can do differently.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! 

I see that you've opened a case, and my colleague Darrell will be working with you. You are in great hands!

Darrell will reach out shortly via email to assist you further. Thanks so much for your patience. We'll continue the conversation over in your support case. 

Hope that you have a great day!