RISE course ownership/access

Jan 26, 2022

Hi - I'm wondering how you keep track of who owns or last developed Rise courses in your organization. Although we try to make a colleague's manager a course manager so there's access when a colleague leaves, it doesn't always happen - or the manager leaves. We spend more time than we'd like trying to find who owns a course, who last worked on it, etc.

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Carolyn,

We use an Excel file to keep track of this information.

The first tab in the file  is a summary: course code and course name, owner name, date last changed and  by whom. Date last published and uploaded to the LMS.

The second tab is used to provide a detailed description of the exactly what change was made and by whom.

Unfortunately team members don't always remember to update the Excel file.

Melissa McDaniel

Hi Carolyn,

This is a frustration for me and I have a small team; I can't imagine how larger teams are handling this! I made a feature request for the ability to have a separate course name from the name in rise and/or the ability to have notes that are not part of (visibile) the course itself where we could have this type of information. 

I also recently discovered that Review is getting "messy" as well since a "course manager" always has to create a new Review item and does not get the option to update a previous version.