how to give equal ownership rights to collaborators?

Nov 07, 2023

My colleague and I are both in one of our organization's sub-units, and we're both responsible for creating, editing, and publicly publishing Rise 360 courses. We each have a Rise 360 account.

We want to set it up so that if either of us leaves, gets hit by a bus, etc., that the other of us will have full access to all aspects of the Rise 360 courses we've created. Right now, if I create a course, I invite her as a collaborator, and she does the same for me with courses she's created, but from my understanding the "Owner" has special permissions (e.g. to delete a course) that even Manager collaborators don't have....and courses can only have one Owner, as far as I'm aware.

Is there any way to make us "complete equals" from a permissions standpoint for all the courses we've both created?

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Like you, I've had that "what if I get hit by a bus" thought about course files. 😁

At this point, there's no way to have two members of a Team be Owners of a course. But designating someone else as a Manager is a pretty safe alternative. After all, even if the Owner is no longer available, a Manager could send themselves a copy of the course, and they'd own the copy.

This post describes exactly what each role can do: Collaborative Authoring in Rise 360 - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com). Here's a screenshot of the pertinent part: 

Judy Nollet
Good to know that a Manager could send themselves a copy and own the course :) 

FYI: I am assuming that, since the User Guide doesn't say they can't send a copy. I have to admit, though, that I've never done it myself.

In other words, you might want to test it yourself. (You know, in case of buses... 😂 )