Rise Course, Webpage error in Internet Explorer

Aug 27, 2019

Hello Community!

We've recently release a Rise course via our Saba LMS and some of our learners are experiencing an error message in Internet Explorer (see attached screen shot).

"A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage."

A little about the course:

• Contains 7 Lessons
  • 5 of the lessons are fairly interaction heavy - with embedded self-paced software demonstrations created in Storyline.
  • The error happens during the last interaction heavy lesson titled "Medicaid/Carolina Access Authorization".
  • Course is published as SCORM 1.2 with the Articulate provided "scormdriver.js" file applied before deployment.

I've not been able to replicate the error in computing environments similar to those used by our learners experiencing issues.

Has anyone experienced this with any of their courses? I'm hoping to get a direction to help us diagnose.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance or advice you can offer!

~Tim

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Tim!

I haven't run across this error message myself, and it sounds like you weren't able to recreate the problem either. 

For learners using Internet Explorer, they'll have the best experience viewing Rise 360 courses when Compatibility View is enabled.  

Have your learners adjust that setting as a first step, and let me know if it helps them!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.